Contoh Soal Ujian Sekolah Bahasa Inggris SMP 2022 dan Kunci Jawaban (21-40)
Berikut Contoh Soal Ujian Sekolah Bahasa Inggris SMP 2022 dan Kunci Jawaban (21-40)
21. The text indicates that the writer is ….
A. Michael Jordan’s fan
B. Michael Jordan’s son
C. Michael Jordan’s coach
D. Michael Jordan’s family
Read the text and answer questions 22 to 25.
The cheetah is the fastest animal on land. It can run 100 kilometers an hour. It is now rare and is one of the animals which are in danger of extinction. Some people like to hunt them for getting its skin and sell it to create some interior accessories at home.
The cheetah has a small head and ears, and long, powerful legs. It always hunts and chases its prey on open ground.
This is a different way of hunting from the other “big cats.” They like to stay in and near trees to catch their prey. The cheetah is also different from other cats because it cannot draw in its claws.
22. The text mainly describes … of cheetah.
A. The location C. The food
B. The characteristics D. The body
23. Cheetah is now rare and is one of the animals which are in danger because ….
A. Lack of food C. The Hunting
B. Short Life D. Fighting each other
24. “It can run 100 km an hour.” The word it refers to ….
A. The Animal C. The Cat
B. The Leopard D. TThe Cheetah
25. They like to stay in and near trees to catch their pray.
The antonym of the underlined word is ……
A. To protect C. To chase
B. To kill D. To prey
Read the text and answer questions number 26 – 28.
THE BASIC OPERATION OF DIGITAL CAMERA
• A digital camera
• An object (a friend/classmates or something interesting, you can find around the classroom or school yard)
Follow the steps below to take the picture:
1. Hold up the camera and centre the object in the LCD (Liquid Crystal Display).
2. Move closer or use the zoom control for the result you want.
3. When you’re ready to takes pictures, hold the shutter halfway. It is very important so the camera sets the focus, shutter speed and various other calculations.
4. A light should appear that let you know the camera is set to go.
5. Press the shutter all the way down.
It may be necessary to turn off the LCD and use the view finder when there is more extreme sunlight or to converse battery life. The glare from the LCD does not work well with more bright light.
26. What is the purpose of the text?
A. To tell how something is made
B. To show how to create something
C. To explain how to take pictures
D. To describe how something achieve
27. What will happen to the LCD when there is more extreme light?
A. The Glare is broken
B. The Glare works well
C. The Glare is unbroken
D. The Glare does not work well
28. The Glare from the LCD …….. (the last sentence).
What does the word “glare” mean?
A. View finder C. Bright light
B. Battery life D. Sunlight
The text is for questions 29 to 30.
How to make a boat or Hat from Paper
• Things You Need:
A half of newspaper
• What to do:
First, fold the paper in half the long way, crease and unfold.
Second, fold the sides up to the middle crease, keep folded
Next, fold the corners down to the middle again
Then, fold the points down to the middle.
Finally, open the middle and turn it inside out to make a boat, or flip it over and wear it as a hat.
29. “Finally open the middle and turn it inside out to make a boat or flip it over and wear it as a hat”. The underlined word could be best replaced with the word…..
A. Design C. Perform
B. Create D. Have
30. “Finally open the middle and turn it inside out to make a boat or flip it over and wear it as a hat”. The underlined word is refers to….
A. Paper C. Boat
B. Hat D. Newspaper
Read the text and answer questions 31 to 36.
On July 20, 1969, the dream to visit the moon came true. Two American astronauts landed on their names were Neil Armstrong and Edwin Aldrin.
The first thing the men discovered was that the moon is covered with gray dust. The dust is so thick that the men left footprints wherever they walked. Those were the first footprints any living thing had ever made on the moon. And they could stay there forever! There is no wind or rain to wipe them away.
The two astronauts walked on the moon for four hours. They picked up rocks for earth scientists to study. They dug up dirt to bring back to earth. They set up machines to find out things scientists wanted to know. Then they climbed back into their moon-landing craft.
The next day the landing-craft rockets roared as the two men blasted off from the moon. They joined Michael Collins in the space ship that waited for them above the moon. Then, they began the long trip back to earth. Behind them they left the craters, plains, and tall mountains of the moon. They left the machines they had set up. And they left footprints that may last forever.
31. What is the text about?
A. Two men who successfully landed on the moon.
B. The moon-landing craft used by astronauts.
C. People’s visits to the space through t he moon
D. The craters, plains and mountains third of the moon
32. What does the third paragraph tell you about?
A. Taking a walk on the surface of the moon
B. The first moon-landing craft
C. The astronaut’s activities on the moon
D. The research done by earth scientists
33. Neil Armstrong’s footprints could stay forever on the moon because
A.They are made of hard rock of the moon
B. They were set up by machines and strong dirt
C. They were placed on the tall mountains of the moon
D. There is no wind or rain to wipe them away
34. Based on the text, it can be concluded that the situation in the moon is very…
A. Noisy C. Common
B. Quiet D. Crowded
35. “nd they left footprints that may last forever”.
What does the word “forever” mean?
A. For all future time C. In the long run
B. In the near future D. For the time being
36. They joined…..in the space ship that waited for them above the moon”. (p.4)
What the word “them” in the sentence refer to?
A. Neil Armstrong and his three crews
B. Edwin Aldrin and his Michael Collins
C. Michael Collins and all his friends
D. Neil Armstrong and Edwin Aldrin
Read the text and answer the questions 37 to 40.
Once, there was a kingdom in Priangan land. There lived a happu family. They were a father in a form of dog, Tumang. A mother who called Dayang Sumbi and child who was called Sangkuriang.
One day, Dayang Sumbi called her son to go hunting with his lovely dog, Tumang. After hunting all day, Sangkuriang began desperate and worried because he hunted no deer. Then, he thought to shoot his own dog. He took the dog’s liver and carried home. Soon, Dayang Sumbi found that he was not deer’s liver but Tumang’s his own dog. So, she was very angry and hit Sangkuriang’s head. In that incident, Sangkuriang got wounded and scar then cast away from their home.
Years went by, Sangkuriang had travelled to many places and finally arrived at a village. He met beautiful woman and felt in love with her. When they were discussing their wedding plans the women looked at the wounded in Sangkuriang’s head. And then she remembered with her son Sangkuriang.
Dayang Sumbi made a request for celebrating their wedding day. Sangkuriang had to make a lake and a boat. Sangkuriang had to make in one night. He built a lake the down.
Just moment away and the boat was almost complete. Dayang Sumbi had to stop it. Then she lit up the eastern horizon with flashes of light it. It made a cock crowded for new day. Sangkuriang failed to marry her. He was very angry and kicked the boat. It felt over and became the mountain of Tangkuban Parahu.
37. What is the title of this story?
A. Sangkuriang cried
B. Sangkuriang shoots his dog
C. Sangkuriang and Tangkuban Parahu Mountain
D. Sangkuriang failed to marry
38. Why was Dayang Sumbi very angry to Sangkuriang?
A. Because Sangkuriang shoot her dog
B. Because Sangkuriang forgotten to take a deer
C. Because Sangkuriang leave her
D. Because Sangkuriang go away
39. What did Dayang Sumbi ask for celebrating their wedding?
A. a big house C. a lake and a boat
B. a place D. a deer’s liver
40. Sangkuriang failed to marry her because ……
A. He did not finish completely with his promise
B. He kicked the boat
C. Sangkuriang rejected Dayang Sumbi’s request
D. Sangkuriang surrounded to make a lake and a boat
Itulah Contoh Soal Ujian Sekolah Bahasa Inggris SMP 2022 dan Kunci Jawaban (21-40)
Originally posted 2022-05-28 12:32:50.